Jan 2, 2024

New year's message from Hikashu


Hikashu just posted a new year's message on YouTube as follows:


Makigami:
"Happy New Year. This is Makigami Koichi. This 45th anniversary year we have a new album called "Kumo wo Ayatsuru", the 2nd collection of lyrics, and the events commemorating the year. We would like to continue that this year and plan to release a 45rpm vinyl. It's interesting, isn't it? For the first time in some years, I had an opportunity to visit New York City late last year. It was very good and fortunate. And there is also a plan touring Europe in May so please look forward to it. Also, soon we have the 16th Jazz Art Sengawa (January 2024) and hope see you there. Thank you."

Mita:
"Happy New Year. There are lots of events coming this year, Paris Olympics for example. I have a lot of things which could be turned into songs. So what will we gonna do? From now on we'll decide that. Right now nothing has been decided, but anyway happy new year. Stay tuned. Thanks for watching (and walked out) "

Sakaide:
"Happy New Year. Last year many troubles were out there unfortunately. Personally I had some little good things here and there, and I feel it should be embraced. In 2024, I would like to make some diligent efforts. First ... (comtemplating) ... making compositions. This year I would like to compose many songs. Making a little happiness, one by one. Thank you."

Shimizu:
"Last year we went to various places for tour and it was fulfilling. But many difficult things are happening right now, and for me it's not easy to make a positive message, I'm afraid. I just want to stop things destructing. This year I hope such things never happen any more. E veryone feels the same way, I think. Thank you."

Sato:
"Happy new year. This year it's the 45th anniversary for Hikashu making the first release so we will do something special. And for me there is a new release, my 60th birthday concert DVD. It had a lot of guests, like Carmen Maki, Umezu Kazutoki, and of course Hikashu. Too many to mention here, but Makigami's singing is just incredible. This year, Hikashu and myself will make various activities so stay tuned. Happy new year and thank you."

Currently we have no information about the European tour mentioned above but we will let you know about it here later asap so do not miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment